We are proud to be registered with the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) which is a best practice voluntary accreditation scheme for commercial vehicle operators like us at Links Courier.
This scheme has grown steadily over the years and now boasts over 4,800 members who have signed up to the scheme. In this time the FORS reputation has also increased and now it is seen as the transport industry’s go-to accreditation scheme.
FORS brings all the important aspects that need to be addressed in the Fleet industry including safety, efficiency, and environmental protection by professional training of the fleet operators so they can be better at measuring, monitoring and improving performance.
1. STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD: If you were a fleet transport customer and you were required to choose between two operators, who would you appoint? Would you select the one whose safety record and environmental practices you knew nothing of? Or the one whose FORS accreditation proved a commitment to good practice in all aspects of the business, including road safety, sustainability issues and many other aspects of corporate social responsibility? Who’s going to win the new business? It’s a no-brainer for the contractor. Free training is provided to all of our members
2. IMPROVE YOUR ROAD SAFETY RECORD: Dedicated FORS Professional training equips your managers and drivers with the skills and knowledge to improve their work related road safety and to reduce the risk of collisions with other motor vehicles and, crucially, vulnerable road users. Become FORS accredited and access safety specific tools that help you log, monitor and report any incidents, as well as learn from other organisations’ experiences.
3. REDUCE FUEL CONSUMPTION; INCREASE EFFICIENCY FORS: Professional training will benefit your operation through a FORS Practitioner workshop, FORS eLearning and toolkits, helping to put you one step ahead of the competition. Expert advice on the latest technologies and systems will provide tangible efficiencies. Dedicated driver training will promote defensive, more economic driving, leading to reduced fuel costs.
4. REDUCE FINES: The Penalty Charge Notice toolkit from FORS will help to reduce the number of fines and charges you receive, relating to a range of traffic infringements. You’ll become more familiar with laws and be up-to-date with any changes, enabling you to prepare for the future. This toolkit is a firm favourite among existing FORS members, and is complemented by a FORS Practitioner workshop and FORS eLearning module for drivers.
5. GREATER INDUSTRY ‘KNOW HOW’ AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES FORS: accreditation opens doors to a rich source of essential information to give you the edge in the ultra-competitive transport sector; extra ‘know how’ that can pay dividends. With fortnightly eNews and monthly Training FORS Professional eNews, FORS members receive insider knowledge on how the scheme is changing the industry and where potential opportunities lie for you. Through free and funded FORS Professional training, managers and drivers will have the chance to meet, swap tips and network with other industry professionals.
They offer a progression accreditation method to help their members improve their levels of best practice in the industry, from: Bronze, Silver to Gold membership. Helping us and other members stand out from the crowd and to be able to work to not just at the legal level, but above for better efficiency and safety that can give us a real competitive advantage over the competition.
FORS accreditation drives best practice across the European fleet industry in terms of safety, efficiency and environmental protection. It also offers guidance and training to help operators attain the Standard.
For more on this great scheme, please visit their website.
JDVL - Collecting and delivering
"The staff on the Links Courier Ltd phone were very helpful in arranging to collect a parcel from an airport and delivering it to my house and the cost was a lot less than it would have cost me to drive to collect it. Very good service. Thank you."